Thursday, June 16, 2011

3rd 3-Day!

They say the 3-Day is like childbirth...you forget the pain when you consider having another child.  I don’t know if that is completely true but I know that I cannot stay away from this event! I love everything about it – the people, support, even sleeping in pink tents!  But most importantly, I love the cause.  I am, for the third time, walking 60 miles with Team Tracy to raise awareness in hope that, one day, a cure will be found.  This year, our amazing team captain Tracy will be walking as a fighting survivor as she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer for the 3rd time.

Statistics show that 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.  Chances are that if you thought of eight women, you would know more than one who has been affected in some way.  Please consider making a donation so that one day, we will defeat this disease.  
Many companies have a matching gifts program, so please ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift.

This year we are also looking for corporate sponsors at the $250 and $500 level.  Your business logo would be printed on our team shirts.  If you are interested in doing this, or know someone who would be, please let me know!

To follow my progress or for other ways you can donate, check for updates on my personal page on-line at
www.the3day.org/goto/jen.rice. We are brainstorming some fun events, so stay tuned!

If you would like to follow Tracy and her journey, you can visit her blog at
www.teamtd.blogspot.com.

Thank you for all the support once again! I could not continue to participate in this event without your help.

We walk to remember the lost, support the fighting, celebrate the survivors, and for our future!

60 miles, 3 Days, 1 Cure

No comments:

Post a Comment